This is your store’s blog. You can use it to talk about new product launches, experiences, tips or other news you want your customers to read about.
You can check out Shopify’s ecommerce blog for inspiration and advice for your own store and for your store’s blog.
How do I remove this post?
Log in to your store’s admin area then go to the blog section to delete this post.
Sotela's approach to sizing is a little different. Instead of using the conventional small, medium and large, we've decided to change our wording because why not! We want to keep things simple and offer the most out of your clothing.
Here's a step by step of how to choose your Sotela size:
- Measure yourself – This one is very important if you shop online, which as of now, I think we all are! Check out our tutorial to measure yourself because we use low hip measurements with our clothing.
- Once you have your measurements, go to the product page for the garment you are interested in and click on the “Sizing and fit” tab or “Garment Measurements for Petite, etc.”
- The garment measurements on the product page will tell you the actual width and length of the garment. For example: the Ryan Trouser measures 26″ with an unstretched waistband and 42″ in the hip for the size 1.
- Based on your measurements, choose a size that is about 2″ more than your largest measurement. For example: I have a 39″ hip. The size 1 hip measures 42″ which gives me about 3″ of ease. The size 0 measures 40″ in the hip making it too small for me.
- Make sure to use your largest measurement when choosing a size, especially if you are looking at a jumpsuit or dress. If your bust is larger than your hip, I’d recommend choosing a size based on your bust because that ensures it will give sufficient ease for the rest of your body.
- Lastly, if you are still unsure, email us hello (at) sotela.co with your measurements! We are happy to recommend a size.
The video below can give you a better idea of how to measure yourself!